Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Rotel Sausage Dip

All photos by Madeline L.

Ok, so I posted this back in 2009 when I joined Saltbox House, but I decieded to re-post it after my sister took some updated photos. This may be a little late to share for the Superbowl, but still is a wonderful recipe for any occasion or just to have for a small meal. My mother in law passed this recipe onto me after I loved it so much. While she calls it sausage dip, I call just call it "Rotel" after the main product used in it. Since I've shared it, many people request for me to bring it to events or ask me for the recipe. Surprisingly it is only 3 ingredients and 3 simple steps to make it. Here they are:
 
Ingredients:
1 Pound of Ground Breakfast Sausage
I Make mine with Jimmy Dean's Maple (yes maple) ground Breakfast Sausage
1 8oz. box of Cream Cheese
1 can of Rotel brand diced tomatoes and green chilies
This is the key ingredient and even though I have tried other brands, Rotel is best.

Directions:


Brown ground breakfast sausage.


Stir in package of cream cheese (softened) until well mixed.
 
 
 

Then mix in one can of Rotel brand diced tomatoes and green chilies (with juice).




This is great served with Tortilla chips (Hint of Lime is my favorite).
I love mine wrapped in a fresh warm corn tortillas.

Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

Keri said...

This looks so simple and easy access to all ingredients. PLUS it's probably delicious!!!!!!! Nice work ladies. Great Blog. I do sandwiches on my blog. Nothing serious, just lots of fun. I'm your follower now. Thanks, Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

Unknown said...

I can never get enough of this stuff. I've made it for my friends and they make it for theirs so, I want to say this is a very popular recipe over here.

Unknown said...

I have heard so much about this dip...i HAVE to try it soon!

Unknown said...

This is also good with a block of valvetta cheese instead of the cream cheese!!!! we also use deer sausage sometimes

laxmom said...

This sounds delicious. I have two questions. Can this be made ahead of time? Do you heat it? If you don't heat it, and make it ahead of time, does the cream cheese then harden up?

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information