Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cafe Rio Creamy House Dressing

Here is an imitation Cafe Rio house dressing recipe that my husband and I created. It is a great addition to any salad!


I make my ranch from Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mixes. I mix 1 packet with 1/2 cup canned milk, 1/2 water (or the usual 1 cup of buttermilk or regular milk), 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup of sour cream. Set it in fridge while making the next step.


In a blender, blend:
2 Tomatillos
1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice
1 Jalapeno with or without some seeds (No seeds will make it mild)
A handful of Cilantro

Mix with prepared ranch dressing.

Do you prefer this dressing over Cafe Rio's Vinaigrette?
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information