Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Friday, May 17, 2013

How to Broil Chicken Breasts


So back in the day I used to boil my chicken if I needed some shredded or cubed, for recipes. After years of doing this, I decided to try some other options. I mean have you ever ate a juicy flavorful piece of boiled chicken right out of a pot of water? I haven't. I would love to grill my chicken at anytime, I just can't get to my grill whenever I want all year. I decided to bake my chicken which turned out wonderful but took longer than boiling in water. But, I didn't have to constantly check it in the oven like I do on the grill. Bonus! Then, I decided to try broiling some chicken breasts at my mother's house on her broiling pan and they cooked so fast yet, maintain the juiciness of baked/roasted chicken. I was converted, and practiced at home with both bone-in and boneless skinless chicken breasts. I honestly don't have a broiler pan (I need to get one) so, I broil my bone-in chicken on my roasting pan or in a baking dish like I do my boneless skinless chicken breast. Now, I can have juicy chicken for my salads, tacos, soups, or add special seasonings and/or citrus fruit zest and juice to make a perfect main course to serve with potatoes and broiled vegetables (yes, I broil those too).

How I Like to Broil Chicken Breasts:
Breasts with skin and Bone
 (Great for recipes calling for shredded Chicken)

Wash chicken and pat dry. Rub light Olive oil all over skin, season with salt, pepper, or some your favorite seasoning. Place in roasting pan or baking dish.
Broil for 15-20 minutes, turn, and then broil other side for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked.
Allow chicken to rest before pulling it off the bone. Then shred or serve as desired.

If you don't like to broil, you can always bake them:
Roast/Bake at 350 degrees for 1- 1/12 hours or until done. Turning once.


Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts-
(Great for recipes calling for cubed chicken)



Wash chicken and pat dry. Rub light Olive oil all each chicken breast, season with salt, pepper, or your favorite seasoning.
Broil for 15 minutes, turn, season again (optional), then broil again for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked.
 



Allow chicken to rest before cutting into it. Then serve as desired or save for a later meal.





Add Other Variations to your chicken before you broil it:

 Fresh Rosemary 
Fresh Sage 
Fresh or Dried Dill Weed
Lemon or Orange Zest and Juice

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information