Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Friday, May 24, 2013

Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies


 


If you like peanut butter and chocolate, especially together, this is the cookie for you. This is another re-post that was posted in 2008 and again in 2010. It seems that as I keep making them, they get to be more and more or a wanted item which makes me want to update the photos and approach to this super easy recipe.
 
This recipe comes from my wonderful aunt Sally and I honestly don't know how she continues to cook and bake the way she does. It is like magic. She can just take something out of nothing and make it delicious. So, with this recipe which is actually called Magic Middles, I give her a big shout out to say thank you for your creation!  

 
Magic Middles
from the kitchen of Sally P.

 


Pre-heat oven @ 375 degrees

Dough Ingredients and Directions:

Chocolate
Beat Together-
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup peanut butter

Add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla and 1 egg (Beaten Well).

Stir in 1 1/2 cups of All purpose flour 1/2 cup of baking cocoa, and 2/3 tsp of baking soda. (I use 1/2 tsp.)

Peanut butter center:

In separate bowl mix-
3/4 cup of peanut butter
3/4 cup of powdered sugar

Forming the Cookies:
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
Roll in sugar and press down with hand or bottom of glass
 

  or Press down with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.


Bake in pre-heated oven @ 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes. Remove to cool.



 
They will still feel soft.

 

 
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

Michelle Evans said...

these looks delicious!! i might have to make them right now!! thanks for all the great recipes!

Rachael and Family said...

I love these. I tried making them by making up my own recipe and they didn't turn out. thanks for the recipe.

Heathie said...

Those look sooooo good!

Angi said...

I immediately made these as soon as I saw them...And... they are delicious! The kids had fun rolling the PB balls as well.

Salinda said...

Umm so good. Made these for a neighborhood party and had several requests for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

How many cookies do you make from one batch dough + filling? I read through the recipe three times but cannot seem to find it… Thanks!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information