Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Monday, September 28, 2009

Thank you Ladies for inviting me!!

I am so excited to have been ask to be a part of this blog! My name is Amanda Danaraj. I am married with 2 girls Madilyn and Emma ages almost 4 and almost 2. I dedicate my love of cooking to my mother, who taught me how effortless it is to have fun in the kitchen. Its such a joy now to cook with my own daughters and see this love growing within them too. Truly I believe if you let kids help they will dive right in.
This homemade trail mix below is super easy and fun to make with kids. It really reminds me of fall with the colors. Enjoy!!


HOMEMADE TRAIL MIX





  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 cup whole almonds
  • 1/4 cup flax seeds
  • 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup canola or olive oil
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cup cheerios
  • 1 2/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
  • 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, combine the oats, coconut, honey, oil, sugar, and salt. Stir until well coated. Add the flax, almonds
and sunflower seeds. Mix well. Spread mixture out on a large baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.

Remove the oat mixture from the oven and allow to completely cool. In a large bowl, stir in cheerios, apricots, and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container.


Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Intro Post! I am so excited to have you on here. Your trail mix looks so festive for fall.

Natalie Jane said...

Welcome! Can't wait to see what you create!

Abby said...

Thanks for the recipe! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Rachael and Family said...

Wow! what a good picture of the trail mix. Your totally right about the colors they are so festive for fall. It looks delicious too. I think you've got the right idea about your children helping you. They usually seem much more excited to eat it when they can help to create.

Unknown said...

Welcome! I love trail mix but never really thought of making up my own...i will try it!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information