Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Well Hi There

I am pretty excited to be a part of this awesome blog, and to gather some great new recipes from you all. My name is Abby, I am married, and my husband and I are expecting our first baby in January.

As for cooking, I find it relaxing. You could call me a 'slow cooker' though because I do love to take my time in the kitchen. I love baking, canning, and most recently, learning how to prepare authentic Mexican food. Last night a hispanic friend of mine taught me how to make Chile Rellenos and my heavens, if it wasn't one of the best meals I've ever had. I also recently hosted a mac n' cheese recipe contest on my personal blog, and two recipes tied for first, so I hope to share those with you soon.


However, I must be honest with you and tell you that I've never been successful at baking banana bread. I have tried it several times, and every time it is a disaster. Does anyone else have a baking crutch?


Take care and happy cooking!


Abby
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Abby!
First I must say great name because that is also my little sisters name :). Congrats on your upcoming baby, that's awesome!! I love Chile Rellenos, but really mexican food in general I think is awesome! Looking forward to seeing your recipes.
~Amanda

Unknown said...

Welcome Abby! I am excited to have you here. You sound like a great hostess already. Maybe you can help me set up some of our contests.

Rachael and Family said...

Welcome Abby,
I must admit I don't even know what Chile Rellenos is. Maybe even though you said you failed you could still post it sometime. I am a hugh fan of mexican food also.

Unknown said...

Hi Abby...i just wanted to say "Welcome". I have an awesome and super easy recipe for Banana bread that i could post. I am a horrible "baker" but i have never messed up with this recipe:)

Abby said...

Thanks, Nichole. I would love that. I'm starting to wonder if it could be my oven. It's a convection and I maybe just haven't gotten the hang of it. The ends of the bread are always good, but the middle is goo.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information