Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Angi's Intro...

Hello! My name is Angi. I am so excited to become a member of this blog! I am always trying new foods and recipes and I am excited to be able to share what I find. I am even more thrilled about discovering what others share and enjoy! I am married and have 2 children. For a few months I have been throwing around the idea of starting a blog to share foods that I enjoy. So, thanks for this opportunity.

This recipe comes from my Dad. Growing up we would make cookies on Sunday and this is by far my favorite. This recipe is doubled and makes a huge amount of cookies. I just discovered that you can scoop out the cookies onto the baking sheet and pop them in the freezer for an hour, then they can be stored in a plastic freezer bag and can be used at a later date.

My Dad's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Combine dry ingredients and set aside:

4 cups Flour
4 cups Oats
2 t. Baking Soda
2 t. Salt

Blend together:

1-1/2 cups Shortening
1/2 cup Butter
1-1/2 cups Sugar
1-1/2 cups Brown Sugar
2 t. Vanilla
4 Eggs

Add Dry ingredients slowly to sugar mixture and blend well. Add Chocolate Chips. Cook at 350 Degrees until edges start to turn brown. 8-10 Minutes.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome Angi! Your cookies look great!

Unknown said...

Um, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies happen to be my favorite. Thank you and your dad for sharing this as I can never get enough of this kind of stuff. And, welcome Angi, I am so happy you are here!

Amanda said...

Welcome Angi! Those cookies sure do look GREAT!! Can't wait to try them. Love the freezer idea, can't wait to try that too! ~Amanda

Alison said...

Hi, Angi. I love the freezer idea, too. There's always more dough than I really should bake in one sitting. Freezing would fix that problem and then we can enjoy them later!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information