Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bus Stop White Chili

This is country star Martina McBride's recipe for a white bean/chicken chili which she submitted for the cook book "Around the Opry Table" by Kay West. It is an excellent and easy recipe and a nice departure from traditional chilis (not that there's anything wrong with those!). I get wonderful reviews every time I make this. I hope that you enjoy it as well.

Bus Stop White Chili

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (when in a pinch, I have used Kirkland canned chicken, though I prefer fresh)

Two 14.5 oz cans chicken broth

1 1/2 tsp. white pepper (I've used black when I didn't have white on hand)

1 tsp. garlic powder

3 tbsp. vegetable oil

Two 15 oz. cans great northern beans

Two 4.5 oz. cans chopped green chilies

One 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup

3 tbsp. (or less) jalapeno pepper juice (I buy the canned peppers in the Mexican food section and use the juice from those)

2 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro

1 tsp. salt

Put chicken in glass baking dish, pour in 1 can chicken broth, cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 for an hour. Remove chicken and reserve broth. Cut chicken into small pieces and season with white pepper and garlic powder. Saute chicken in oil in stockpot for 2-3 minutes. Add reserved broth and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.

To serve, cut 6-8 flour tortillas into 1/4 inch strips. Place in serving bowls. Ladle chili on top. Garnish with sour cream and grated mozzarella cheese if desired.

Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, this sounds fabulous! I bet you got a lot a compliments.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information