Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Game Day Salsa

Football season is big at our house and this is our favorite treat. Our kids even love it! Lately, I have started to bring this salsa with a bag of chips to summer potlucks and it is always well received. I get lots of requests for the recipe and everyone is always so amazed at how easy it is.


The ingredients:

2 cans beans (I always use 1 black and 1 black-eye pea)
1/2 to 3/4 cup frozen corn (thawed)
1 onion
2 smallish tomatoes
2 avocados
1 pepper (whatever kind I have on hand)
1 bunch cilantro
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp water
1 package "Italian" dressing seasoning


Cut up all the veggies and mix in bowl. Make the Italian dressing using the balsamic vinegar and water. Mix, chill, and enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks delicious and easy, i will have to try it!

Unknown said...

Wow, anything salsa I am "game"! What else go better with football than awesome food like this.

Amanda said...

My husband is going to love this. I will be trying it very soon. Thanks!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information