Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pink Pancakes AKA Beet Pancakes


I know, I know, beet pancakes weird huh? They are good and the best part is my kids love them!

I buy fresh beets and steam them in a steamer(or boil on the stove), then make a puree in the food processor. Usually I do this in bulk and freeze 1/2 cup portions in zip lock baggies.

The recipe:
3/4 cup water
1/2 vanilla yogurt
1/2 beet purree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pancake mix
1/4 cup grated apple
olive oil or canola oil for pan

Combine the water, vanilla yogurt, beet puree, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl mix well. Add the pancake mix and apple, and stir until just combined. The batter will be a little lumpy. Use a griddle or large nonstick skillet to cook pancakes. Use medium heat, add oil. Cook pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side. Serve warm, with syrup, powder sugar and/or fruit.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These sound very creative. I love beets and I can't wait to try them and see how they do on my daughter and husband. My daugher has never tried beets before and my husband would never know. I'll tell him I dyed them for Evie :). We'll see how it goes.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information