Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Monday, November 9, 2009

Hope Y'All Aren't Sick of Pumpkins Yet!

Hi, everyone! My name is Heather. I also go by Heathie, particularly with the younger crowd--4- and 5-year-olds who can't pronounce their 'R' sounds. I'm glad to be part of this blog because I need to start cooking better! My husband is incredibly picky. Basically if it has sauce or vegetables, he won't eat it. Thus, a lot of my posts will be foods for picky eaters (except for the days he's not home; those days, we eat well. Hee hee!).

I know Madeline already did a recipe for Pumpkin Muffins. I totally forgot about it last night when I was looking for a pumpkin muffin recipe, and I think it would have been more what I was looking for than the one I came up with. So I'll probably use it next time. The following recipe, though, is one I tweaked to try to make it more "healthy." I used some honey, but ran out so I also used some brown sugar. I like it better in pumpkin things than white sugar. But honestly, sugar is sugar and it all surges through the blood stream the same way. Without further ado, here is my version of Pumpkin Muffins:
In a large bowl, combine
1 1/3 C Pumpkin Puree
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Honey
2 Eggs
1/2 + 1/8 C oil (I'm no good at fractions, so I didn't bother consolidating those amounts into one number...)

The resulting sludge will look something like this.


In a smaller bowl combine
1 1/2 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/8 tsp Ground Ginger

Add the dry mixture to the wet, and mix well.

Recipe fills 12 regular size muffin cups almost completely.

Bake at 400 F for 16-20 minutes.
I was actually looking to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, but half way through realized I was out of chocolate chips. These muffins aren't really chewy-gooey enough for chocolate chips anyway. But I think they make a good breakfast muffin to be enjoyed with scrambled eggs and fruit, which is just what we had for breakfast this morning!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They sound awesome! I think they are easier to make than the ones I made. I'm glad your here on the blog now. I totally want you to put your chocolate chip cheesecake bars on here (or whatever it is that you call them).

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information