Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For Fat Tuesday*

Every Valentine's Day (and every Thanksgiving), I make a fabulous dessert that I wish I had invented. I got the recipe a few years back on Pillsbury.com, and it's become sort of a tradition. Incidentally, Pillsbury has a new  Rocky Road cookie pizza that also looks delicious. I'll have to try it sometime...
Here's what you need for Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza:

1 roll (16.5 oz) premade chocolate chip cookie dough
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
3/4 cup hot fudge topping, divided
1/4 cup chopped peanuts



Heat oven to 350°F. In ungreased 12-inch pizza pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. It'll look something like this (you can  really use any shape pan you wish):
Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. 
While the cookie is cooling, 


in medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping (I forgot to get a picture of this step).



Spread 1/2 cup of the fudge topping over cooled crust (the recipe doesn't specify if it should be heated or not, but I always heat it to make it easier to spread. Just follow the directions on the jar). Spread peanut butter mixture over top. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup fudge topping. Sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until serving time. Cut into wedges or squares.





We're not crazy about peanuts as a topping, so we use any variety of chocolate chips; I used to use Nestle chocolate-caramel swirls, but haven't seen them in stores lately. The ones pictured are just white chocolate. Butterscotch morsels would probably be great, too.


We also never make it 30 minutes before eating! Usually, as soon as the chips are sprinkled on top, we're cutting it up to enjoy!

*It's possible to make a less fattening version of this dessert, but I wouldn't recommend it. My husband likes to use low-fat everything, so he can eat more. Good diet advice, right? :P I tried this recipe with low-fat cream cheese, fat free milk, and fat free whipped cream. It didn't turn out very good. I found that the low-fat cream cheese didn't blend as well as regular cream cheese. I do use fat free milk and whipped cream, and they seem to work fine. But it's best with full-on fatty cream cheese.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Amanda said...

This looks amazing!! I am going to try it. Thanks!

Unknown said...

It is amazing! I can't tell you how much I would eat more than my share of this stuff.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information