Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Potato Lovers

Sorry for the little delay in the challenges this month. What was supposed to be introduced earlier this week will be intriduced at the end I guess. It is Potaoto Lovers month guys and I can't tell you how much this means to me (and not because I am from Idaho either). I love potatoes! Any way you cook them, I know I would eat them.
There are so many varieties of potatoes out there and so, our challenge to you this month is to try to cook with a different potato than you are already used to or cook your usual potatos in a new way. I have a post to follow this one but, I wanted to get started on the challenge. I made a different kind of loaded potato (only I used a sweet potato). It turned out so delicious that I didn't even notioce that I didn't have butter, sourcream, bacon, cheddar cheese and all that other suff. Here's how I did it:

Madeline's Loaded Potato
Saute in Olive Oil:
Asparagus
Red and green peppers
Onions
Zucchini
Fresh or dried Rosemary
Garlic
Dill
Salt and Pepper

Throw in some Grilled Chicken

Baked yam or potato (wrapped in or out of tin-foil) in a pre-heated oven set at 400 for 30-40 minutes.
Top with sauted veggies and some Parmesan Cheese.

How Do You Take Your Potatoes?


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information