Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Monday, March 15, 2010

St. Patrick's Day "A wee bit early"


Photo by Madeline L.

We had the traditional Corned Beef this week as an early celebration of St. Patrick's day. I wanted to make this in the crockpot, but not use the spice packet that the corned beef comes with. Here is what I did.


Crock Pot Corned Beef
3-4 pound corned beef brisket
2 small onions, sliced
zest of 1 orange
4 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup coarse-grain mustard
2 cups apple juice

Trim the corned beef of excess fat and throw out the spice packet. Place sliced onions in the bottom of the Crockpot. Lay the corned beef on top. Sprinkle orange zest and brown sugar over the corned beef. Spread mustard over top. Pour the apple juice over the corned beef. Cover and cook corned beef on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

Photo by Madeline L.


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was so much better than my grandmothers. I mean, I liked my grandmothers but, yours wasn't salty and just melted in your mouth while still having that delicous flavor.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information