Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Thursday, August 19, 2010

pineapple zucchini bread (gluten free)

I have not tried this recipe yet, I just got sent it through a friend yesterday.  but thought I would post it it may be awhile before I feel like making it (I'm 38 weeks pregnant) but it sounds really good so I thought I would share.


Pineapple zucchini bread
 3 eggs
1 cup agave
1 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini (squeeze to drain the water)
1 cup crushed pineapple (drained from juice)
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chopped nuts

Bake in 2 medium (greased) loaf pans at 325 until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
The GF version above works MUCH better in a cupcake pan.

Non GFers sub the brown rice flour, almond flour and xanthan for 3 cups of regular flour.
If you don't care about it being low sugar, sub the agave for 2 cups of sugar.
Any oil can be used but coconut is the tastiest!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a great combination. I can't wait to try it with my gluten-free family. ;)

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information