Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Doughnut Muffins

Hello again everyone! I am so ready for fall food! This is not necessarily a fall food but I had to make some yesterday for Brett because he had to bring breakfast to his office and he begged me to make these. They are simple and oh so yummy so I thought I would share. I didn't take pictures last night but they are so simple you shouldn't need them. Enjoy!

1/3 C. canola oil
1/2 C. sugar
1 egg
1/2 C. milk
1 1/2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 C. butter, melted
1/2 C. sugar + 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat over to 400 degrees. Cream oil, sugar, and egg. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Turn into greased muffin tin and bake 20-25 min. Immediately remove from tins. Roll in melted butter (or I prefer to brush with a pastry brush) and then roll in cinnamon sugar (or as I prefer, sprinkle it evenly from a spoon so that your mixture lasts longer without butter clumping it up,) EAT!!!!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These sound great! Just what I need to start off a colder morning this season.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information