Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Monday, September 27, 2010

Gooey Chex Mix

Photo Taken by Madeline L.
Ok, so I am really late posting this but I was asked to introduce the second food challenge for this month and that is to make something from my staple food items. I have Ciliacs Disease which causes my staple foods to be all if not mostly gluten-free. When I was thinking about what to put together with my food items, I thought about a sweet treat that I can just throw together and eat without making any adjustments. I got this recipe from a friend of mine and have to say that it is truly addicting. Everyone can enjoy this sweet treat!

Gooey Chex Mix

Ingredients:

Corn, Rice, and/or Wheat Chex Cereal- One 14-17 ounce box

Light Karo Syrup-1 cup

Sugar- 1 cup

Butter- 2 Cubes (2 cups)

Baking Soda- 1 teaspoon

Silvered Almonds- As desired

Coconut- As desired

M&M's- Optional


Directions:

Mix Syrup, sugar, and butter together in pot. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add baking soda (is will foam up).

Pour over Cereal and add remainding ingredients.


That's it!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can make this for me anytime. I'm already addicted since you made it for us.

Salinda said...

My sister-in-law made this once, with peanuts, but never shared how to make it :). Thanks!!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information