Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies



When I make chocolate chip cookies, we eat a few then the rest sit around for a couple weeks 'till I throw them away. While Tyler's mom was here visiting, I had her show me how she makes hers. We (mostly Ty) went through 3 dozen in a week.

Ingredients:
1/2 c butter
1/2 c shortening
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
3/4 c white sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 - 2 1/2 c flour (I used1 1/4 c white flour and 1 c whole weat flour
1 c chocolate chips

Cream sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and eggs. Slowly add flour while mixing until it forms a sticky-ish dough (not too sticky, just bareley handleable). Add chocolate chips (and nuts if you want). Place on greased cookie sheets and bake at 375 degrees for 7 - 9 minutes. YUM!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I need to make these soon!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information