Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Blackberry Sour Cream Tarts

photo by Madeline L.
These are a very tempting tart that I can only make on special occasions so that I won't eat the whole batch. It is not my recipe, it was given to my by my friend Kristin.

Blackberry Sour Cream Tarts
by Kristin Reed

Ingredients:
1 bag frozen blackberries
1 box of ready-made pie crust
1 cup of sour cream
1 egg
4 Tablespoons of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Directions:
  • Lay out pie crust and cut into sizes you want for your tarts. I use a small Mason lid. Place cut out dough into tart pan slots (or a mini cupcake pan) and press to form a cup shape.
  • Place one blackberry into the center of the dough cup. 
  • Mix sour cream, egg, flour, sugar and vanilla together and pour over blueberry almost filling the top of the tart.
  • Bake in a pre-heated oven set @ 350 degrees for 8 mintues. 
Topping Ingredients:
1/4 cup of butter
1/3 cup of flour
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 tespoon of cinnamon

* Mix together into a crumbled mixture with a fork or food processor. Not too long or it will go mushy.

Sprinkle topping over tarts and place back in the oven set @ 400 degress for an additional 8 minutes.


photo by Madeline L.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are sooooo good! I think I could have eaten the whole dozen and wouldn't feel bad because they were like having a party in my month ;) They are that good!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information