Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Saturday, February 5, 2011

pineapple ginger pork roast and sweet rice


YUMMY!  This was really good.  My "recipe"
I took a can of pineapple in pineapple juice and emptied the juice into a caserole dish.  then I ran the pineapple through the blender a bit.  (You could use crushed pineapple and avoid the blender, but I didnt have any) I added a little bit of salt and probably a 1/2tsp of ginger (ground) I would use a little more ginger next time. I put a 3lb pork roast that had been cut in half on top of the juices and poured the pineapple over it.
I put it in the oven at 300 for just over an hour.  The internal temp was 150 when I took it out.  While it was in the oven I basted it a couple of times.

the sweet rice was really good too!  It is also called sticky rice.  I cook 1 cup rice in 2 cups water with a little salt.  It takes about 45 minutes to cook, and it is really sticky.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This recipe sounds so delicious. I love pineapple with pork. What a great combination!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information