Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Monday, January 30, 2012

Dad's Basil chicken and Linguine

This is a tasty and healthy meal for dinner. I found it on cooks.com and would love to share it with you.
Ingredients: 
chicken (I prefer boneless/skinless) enough to feed your family
3 Tbsp Basil
3 Tbsp Parsely
Olive Oil (I eye ball this amount)
1 Cup Parmesan/Romano mixture
Linguine Noodles

 I prefer to boil the chicken for 40 minutes rather than fry it. It doesn't require any butter, and keeps the chicken moist. About 30 minutes in, start boiling your linguine noodles, then drain them when the softness you desire is reached. Use any amount you feel needed to fit your family. 

 While the chicken is boiling, I prepare my seasoning mixture. Parmesan/Romano, basil and parsley stirred together. Drizzle a tsp or so of olive oil at a time into mixture while stirring it around. Continue to add the olive oil until the mixture feels wet and crumbly. Set aside mixture.

 Once chicken is complete, I cut it into pieces and place it in a big bowl. This bowl is where you will combine the entire meal together.

 Once the chicken and noodles are combined, toss in the seasoning mixture a bit at a time. You can judge the amount of mixture you want to the amount of noodles and chicken. I don't like mine overly coated.

Once its all nicely tossed together, bake it in a casserole dish at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Serve, and enjoy.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great meal. I do it a little differently though. I will broil my chicken with some oil and herbs and also some garlic salt.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information