Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Great New Year begins with Shoyu Chicken

 Welcome to another wonderful year, 2012. I am so excited to get started with all my goals and to-do's that I have planned. My first to-do, is to increase the number of new recipes I try each pay period. I have a great friend that invited us to dinner and a game a couple of weeks ago, and she made this AMAZING chicken recipe- shoyu chicken
1-2 cups Teriaki sauce (eyeball this amount depending on amt of chicken)
1-2 cups water (equal parts water to teriaki)
1 cup sugar
2-3 cloves minced garlic
onion (small, chopped up for flavor use)
thighs or breasts (for this recipe, I used 6 breasts and 2 cups water/teriaki)

Bring teriaki, water, garlic, and onion to a boil. Add sugar; stir until dissolved. Add Chicken. Return to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve with a yummy side of fried rice.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds so perfect to start the New Year. I should have made this for Chinese New Year at least. Thanks for sharing!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information