Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pulled Beef

Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of this dish, but trust me when I say it made for a delicious and easy meal for my family. It's from the crock pot recipe book by Rival.

Yields: 8-10 serving

3 lbs beef rump or bottom roast (I used rump as it has less fat and it costs less per pound)
2 envelopes onion flavor dry soup mix
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp oregano
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 cans beef broth
1 bottle (12 ounces) beer (your choice of flavor)

1. Trim and discard fat off beef. Place beef in crock pot. Do not add water to crock.
2. Combine soup mix, sugar, oregano, garlic, broth and beer in large mixing bowl.
3. Pour mixture over beef. Cover; cook on high 6-8 hours or until beef is fork tender. (I cooked mine for 7)
4. Remove beef. Shred. Return to liquid and mix well. 

Serve and Enjoy! The first night we made this, we used it as the meat for our French dip sandwiches. The second night we used it as a roast with rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy. We preferred this recipe more as the roast dish. 


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds so good. I have had pulled beef before and didn't even know that it wasn't pulled pork. I just assumed it was. It was delicious and so tender.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information