Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Blackened Chicken Spinach Fettuccine Alfredo

Blackened Chicken Spinach Fettuccine Alfredo is a long name for a dish that I can't think of what to actually call it. It is a pasta that I like to throw together all the time. It tastes so fresh and flavorful that it is hard for me to just eat a little bit. It is fast and easy but, tastes like it took a long time to make. Try it for yourself.

Saute fresh Spinach in a little olive oil and minced garlic.


Then slice yellow squash and Zucchini and saute along with spinach. Spritz lemon juice and I can't Believe it's Not Butter spray (or melter butter) over veggies. Then sprinkle Oregano, Basil, pepper, and salt to taste.


Pile together:

Whole wheat Fettuccine Noodles
Favorite Alfredo Sauce
Sauted Veggies
Grilled (blackened) chicken

Top with fresh slices of tomato and shredded Italian cheeses


Do you believe that throwing something together can taste like it has taken a long time to prepare?

Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

abby's photo shoppe said...

Yes I do. Sometimes I think that if something is VERY flavorful or has a lot of fresh ingredients then it must have taken a long time to make. But usually when we just throw something together we come up with our best stuff.
Question for you:
Why the last post? I thought this was a hobby and you would always be doing it. Let me know because I showed this site to Seth and he has been going to it as a reference and wants to make some of your stuff. I also want to get together and have a scandenavian dinner and make YUMMY Julekage bread.
Later,
Abba

Rachael and Family said...

Hey it looks good, but I've never cooked fresh spinach before. how long do you cook it? can you over cook it?

Unknown said...

Abby, I don't understand what you mean by last post? This is a hobby and I hope to continue with it as always. Let me know what you mean.

Unknown said...

Rachael,
You only have to saute it for a minute or so.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information