Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Trader Joe Treat- Balsamic Lime Chicken with Pineapple Salsa

To Learn More about Trader Joe's, go to: http://www.traderjoes.com/ I wanted to share one of my favorite fast recipes for chicken. Not only is it fast, it is healthy and full of flavor (without salt or butter). I used think my regular balsamic lime chicken was awesome when I was single, going to college. The introduction to Trader Joe's was when I lived in California (It was a few blocks away). After trying the salsa alone -that was recommended by my sister Angie (thanks)- I don't want to have this chicken dish any other way.

For our featured product this week, I want to recommend one of my many favorite Trader Joe products, Pineapple Salsa. It is hard to keep a full jar in our house. The sweet and spicy taste of this salsa is perfect for almost anything. We like to use it on poultry, fish, and many Mexican dishes.
(this photo was not taken by publisher)

Ingredients and Directions for Balsamic Lime Chicken:

Ingredients-
Chicken breast
Limes
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil
Garlic minced
Favorite Salsa (Recommend Trader Joe's Pineapple Salsa)
Herbs (anything you have that day)
Recommendations: Rosemary, Dill, and/or Basil.

(No measurements needed, everything is to taste)

Directions-
Rub minced garlic and herbs over chicken breasts.
Grill chicken breast as desired...
While grilling spray or pour olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and lime juice all over both sides.

Serve with Pineapple salsa on top.

Fabulous and healthy!

Has Anyone Been to or love Trader Joe's?
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Rachael and Family said...

this looks way yummy, but the cucumber sandwich just don't look like they would do it for me. can we make the chicken when I come down?

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information