Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Spaghetti Squash with Lemon Butter and Basil

First of all, I want to say welcome to everyone who has joined this blog. I am so excited to have you all here.  Please continue to post your introductions (if you haven't already) and whatever else you'd like to share.
Some people never buy certain produce because they might only do one thing with it or not know what or how to cook it at all. Spaghetti Squash is a childhood favorite of mine and I wanted to share a creation that I made so I could enjoy pasta the way I like it, only without the pasta
(and I put butter on the squash instead of olive oil like I do with my pasta)

To begin- Wash and dry your spaghetti squash to rid it of dirt and such.

For long strands, cut Spaghetti Squash in half (length wise). Clean out seeds and membrains with spoon.

Place on shallow baking pan with an 1/2 to 1 inch of water and then place it rind side up (shown above).

Bake in a 375 degree pre-heated oven for 30 -40 minutes.
 
Check for doneness. The strands should shred right away. Shred entire rind with a fork.

Add as much or a little melted butter as you like (I have also sprayed "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray).
Squirt or spray some lemon juice all over the squash.

Top with fresh or dried basil, grated parmasan cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.


 This Squash is an excellent compliment to marinaded pork chops.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Madeline, I am so trying this asap!! Thanks!

Alison said...

This is one of those foods I've never tried. Precisely for the reason you listed, which is I had no idea what to do with it. I think we better try it out now, thanks!

Natalie Jane said...

Yum - I linked this on my sidebar.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this squash...i love the name too...have you tried it with a little bit of marinara sauce on top? Its really tasty:)

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read this post. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information