Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Monday, October 12, 2009

Rice Porridge (What do You Do with leftover Rice?)


 This particular recipe was brought up because we get a lot of questions about leftover rice.  Well, I like to do a lot of different things with leftover rice like fried rice, creamy cheese rice, and throw it in soups or baked dishes. But, one rice recipe stands out to me more, and that is one I have enjoyed since I was a little girl. We called it "sweet rice", when in fact it is much like a porridge. It is the fastest and easiest recipe I know of that involves cooked rice and few ingredients.


Re-heat your rice with some butter (to melt) so it is even throughout.



Add as much or as little milk as you like (cream is great too).
Add white sugar and cinnamon to taste.

If you like rice pudding, this flavor is right up your alley.
Serving it hot with cold milk, is the best way in my opinion.

Food Storage Items:
Rice and Sugar
*
What Do You Like To Do With Leftover Rice?
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Rachael and Family said...

I remember eating this so much growing up.

Unknown said...

I remember you trying to get me to eat this at your house and i wouldn't because of the milk factor! Javier's mom makes some mexican version of this this he really likes!

Abby said...

My mom totally made this for me growing up, and the first time I made it for Brian after we were married he was like, "What IS this?! It's AMAZING!" He loves it. I love it. We all love it.

Niche Topics said...

Great idea! I use leftover rice in a walnut and mango salad; it's easy and delicious :) Check out my site for the recipe if you have time!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information