Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Super Snack Foods


It's almost game time! This week counts down to one of the biggest chowdowns of the year! Setting up for a great game with good food can make the game that much bigger. Are you ready?
Share Your Snack Foods 
Since February celebrates National Snack Food Month and Superbowl Sunday, I went ahead and experimented in some serious snacking business and want to share my ideas with everyone.


My snack food that I am sharing with you today is something that I threw together with left over chicken.
I took some Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow cheese (I bet Garlic and Herb cream cheese would be equally great) and mixed it with some chunks of chicken (I also throw in a few minced onions from time to time).
Then I thinly slice a sweet apple and place it on whole grain cracker. Yep, not much going on here.
I can't get enough of it and the combination creates the perfect creamy, salty, and sweet snack.


I also have used left over breaded chicken and that created even more flavor. Wow!

So to list those ingredients out:

Sweet Apples
Cooked Chicken (boiled, baked, grilled or fried)
Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow or regular cream cheese
Crackers
and minced onions (if desired)
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Heileson Family said...

I will try that. I love cheese with apples. I should send some appetizers but I am sorry to say I will not be watching the game. I love football but only collage. I am excited to see what other people post because I love appetizers. I am known through out the neighborhood for them. I am asked regularly what somebody should make. Maybe I can post the recipe and Madeline you can cook it and take a picture of it. I have tons that Enoch can't eat and I am not eating 5000 calories myself. okay not that many calories.

Unknown said...

Yes, I would love you to send any recipes you have. I love so many of your creations.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information