Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Making More with Easter Leftovers- Ham and Pineapple Pizza


After making the Split Pea Soup, it turned out that I had more ham than I orignally thought. Plus, I had fresh leftover pineapple to boot. So, what better was to eat your Easter dinner than making a pie with it. A thin crust pizza pie that makes you forget that you are eating leftovers all together. I stopped off at the new Trader Joes in Corvallis yesterday and picked up some freshly made whole wheat pizza dough and pizza sauce to make my pizza pie for dinner last night. This made one fast pizza and left you feeling stuffed after just one piece. I love whole wheat thin crust pizza! I recommend making one tonight.

Ham and Pineapple Pizza

Whole Wheat or Regular Pizza Dough (or look below for my favorite Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe)
(I also recommend freshly made Trader Joes or Winco pizza dough- look near the cheese)
Corn Meal (optional)
Pizza Sauce
Mozarella Cheese
Ham (diced)
Pineapple (diced)
Fresh or dried Parsley, Basil, and Oregano (for the top).

I rolled out the dough onto my round pizza stone
(When I use a cookie sheet I spread out a thin layer of corn meal to prevent sticking)
I assembled the ingredients in the order shown above and baked accoringly. Baking times are usually 350 degrees for up to 30 minutes (for regular crust or thicker pieces) or 425 degrees for up to 15 minutes (for thin crust pizza).

Wheat Pizza Dough

Ingredients:
1 package of Active Dry Yeast
1-1/2 cups of warm water
2 Tablespoons of Canola Oil
1-1/4 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1-3/4 cup of All Purpose Flour

Directions:

Dissolve yeast in water; add oil. Combine whole wheat flour, and salt. Add yeast mixture and stir until smooth . Add enough All purpose flour to form some soft dough. Knead on a floured surface for 6-8 minutes. Rub a little oil over the ball of dough and let it sit in a bowl covered with a kitchen towel. Put the bowl in a warm place for 15-20 mintues to allow it to rise. Follow the rest of the recipe above.  


Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How exciting you have a Trader Joe's now! I love their pizza crust!! And your pizza looks amazing.

Stephani said...

I made this and we LOVED it! Yummy! Thanks Madeline!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information