Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Monday, May 3, 2010

Margherita Pitas

This week is National Herb week and here at Saltbox House Cooking Exchange, we would like to challenge everyone to make a dish using fresh herbs.  

I have four potted herbs in my kitchen window (Basil, Oregano, Dill Weed, and Rosemary). They are so nice to have there ready to use. With just a few snips, I have some fresh, fragrant herbs that I can add to a delicious dish. My basil plant is my favorite and I would like to share a quick and easy recipe that I can't seem to go with out. My Margherita Pita.   





I like to use the Flat-Outs, flat pita bread because it resembles thin crust pizza to me (my favorite). I brush some olive oil over the whole pita, add Mozzarella (sliced or shredded) and a little shredded Parmesan.

I cut up some fresh Basil leaves, Roma Tomatoes and spread them around the pita (sometimes I add a little Oregano too). I bake this in the oven (or toaster oven) set @ 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until done. I like mine a little crispy but, not too much that the cheese is really hard.



Each mouth watering bite is so full of flavor that you don't need anything extra. Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Javier and Nichole said...

That looks great! Gonna try it!

Alison said...

That does look good. Definitely going to try it.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information