Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Friday, January 14, 2011

Knife Qustions...


picture from macys.com
I hope you don't mind me posting a couple questions... I figured you ladies were the best I knew to ask. :)
I have a nice set of knives that I really love, but after lots of chopping on plastic IKEA cutting boards (love them!) they're getting really dull.
1. Where do you take your knives to have them professinally sharpened?
(Also, I dropped one of my knives down the disposal once and there's a bent place in the blade... dumb, I know. What can I do about that??)
2. What is a decent price to pay for knife sharpening?
3. What is the best cutting board to buy to prevent knives from getting dull so quickly? Any recommendations on types of wood, etc?
I'll appreciate all your advice and insights.
Thanks again!
Michelle
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, if Angi Groch looks at this post she could tell you because her husband gets his professionally sharpened every year and he knows a thing or two about knives. I am going to looking into this and get back to you. BTW, the Groches live near you, you might remember them from our last dinner party.

Michelle Evans said...

Cool. :) You're so sweet! Remind me who the Groches are... did they move?

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information