Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Zucchini and Beans with Salsa


It may not look pretty, but it sure tastes good!
I got this idea from my friend.  here is the "recipe"
1 Can of black beans (I actually used dry beans and pre-cooked them...)
 
1 Zucchini
a little olive oil
A little garlic salt
a little chili powder.
a little peach mango Salsa (I get mine at Costco)
corn tortillas (or flour if you are not GF)
Some cheese.
heat the olive oil in a fry pan with the garlic salt and chili powder.
Add the beans and cut up zucchini.  Saute it until done. Add peach mango salsa.

At this point we put it on plates and ate it.  BUT if you want you can put it on tortillas, and top with cheese and put it in the oven until cheese is melted.  I was thinking while eating it that instead of grated cheddar some feta might be nice over the top of it!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I bet you could add a little chicken to it also. I love this kind of stuff. Thanks for sharing. In fact, it sounds perfect for dinner tonight!

Abigail said...

This does sound good. I don't know if we have peach salsa available here though. It sounds like something Ava might actually eat!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information