Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Good Loaf of Bread

This is my go-to bread recipe. The loaves always turn out moist and beautiful.

Bread


1/4 cup warm water
1/2 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP yeast

Combine above ingredients in bowl and set aside
Scald 2 cups of milk (I do this by microwaving about 3-4 minutes in a large glass measuring cup). Let milk cool.

In large bowl, combine (I use my Kitchen-Aid):
3/4 cup honey
1/2 TBSP salt
1/4 cup oil
1 egg

Add yeast mixture to mixing bowl, then scalded milk.
Add 2 cups wheat flour and combine well. Now add white flour 1/2 cup at a time until you get the desired consistency. My bread usually takes about 5 total cups. Mix well.

Grease a large bowl and turn dough into it. Cover with towel and let rise until doubled. Grease 2 bread loaf pans. Punch down dough and split into two loaves. Let rise in pans until doubled. Cook at 325 for 25-30 minutes.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I am always looking for fast and easy bread recipes. I am so glad you shared this!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information