Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Monday, February 4, 2013

Chunky Pecan Pie Bars




My sister made these the other day and sent me some updated photos from the ones that were taken back in 2009. She wanted me to post them and tell you how to make my traditional winter treat. They're not really mine anyway. I got them from an old magazine. They are actually one of Nestle Toll House's recipes. But, I guess I do make them a little different so, you could say they are my version of these Chunky Pecan Pie Bars.
 
 
The Crust:
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup softened butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
(I found that you need to spray the pan if you are using glass or a metal)

Mix ingredients, press into pan and bake in a pre-heated oven set at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

 

Filling:
3 large eggs (slightly beaten)
3/4 cup of corn syrup
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons of melted butter
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 package of Chocolate Chunks
1 1/2 cup of Pecans (chopped)
Mix all ingredients together and pour onto of crust.
 
 
 
Bake again @ 350 degrees for 20-35 minutes or until golden brown. Wait until they cool to cut (otherwise, they will be too gooey).
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look delicious...i am gonna try them soon:)

Unknown said...

Why do you think I made them. They are my favorite of all the treats you make.

Rachael and Family said...

yummy

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information