Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Friday, February 8, 2013

Gluten Free Belgian Waffles

All photos by Madeline L.

Since we are doing hot breakfast month, I thought I would share one of my gluten free recipes. I make these for everyone (even they are do not share my Gluten allergy) and no body knows the difference. In fact, many people ask for the recipe and find that they are gluten free. You can always make them with regular flour, but they seem just a little healthier to me the gluten free way (aside from all the eggs).
Plus, they are easy and fast to make.



Ingredients:
11/4 cup of brown rice flour
1/2 Potato Starch (not potato flour)
1/2 Tapioca Flour
1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups of milk
1/2 of cooking oil
8 medium eggs or 7 large/Jumbo


Directions:



Mix dry ingredients
 
 
 
Separate egg whites. Lightly Beat egg yokes. Beat egg whites until they have stiff peaks.
 
 
Add vanilla and oil to egg yokes
 
 
 
 
Alternate dry ingredients and milk together until combined.
 
 
Fold in egg whites.
 
 

Pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto your preheated Belgian Waffle Maker.
 
 
 
Cook until golden brown.


 
 
Suggestions:
We normally like to serve ours with butter and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I like to throw some chocolate chips on the waffle batter right before I cook the waffle.
I also like to drizzle sweet and condensed milk over these babies.
 
Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information