Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sweet "Heart" Pizza

What better way to celebrate this Valentine's Day then with fruit pizza. Take your traditional sugar cookies and make them individual fruit pizzas. My daughter's birthday was on Sunday and she was asked to bring the snack in her nursery class. I thought with Valentine's Day coming up, why not make it fun and something sweet to celebrate the two events. It was a big hit and there wasn't any left after. I usually make already cut out cookies and then decorate them but, this time I found an easier way.


Look how thick the crust is. I found that everyone seems to like it this way. This recipe makes a very soft crust.

Recipe for Sour cream Sugar Cookies. I have had this recipe since I can remember. I lady from my church gave it to me and I haven't used anything else since.

Ingredients:
1 cup Butter or Shortening (Butter flavored is great)
2 Eggs
1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
2 cups of Sugar
2 teaspoons of Vanilla
1 cup of Sour cream
4 teaspoons of Baking Powder
4 1/2 cups of Flour
Pre-heat oven @ 400 degrees
Mix shortening and sugar. Beat until creamy. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla, beat until smooth. Sift in dry ingredients. Mix to a soft dough and roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut into shapes. Cook for 6-10 minutes or until done.
For Fruit Pizza:
I press it out evenly on a greased cookie sheet and bake @ 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until done.
Topping: Wait for cookie crust to cool (apox 15 min). In a medium sized bowl mix, 2 packages of (8 oz)cream cheese, 1/2 sugar, 1 teaspoon Vanilla. Blend until smooth. Spread all over crust and decorate with fruit.


My fast and easy way to make heart shaped pizzas is: After you smooth cream cheese mixture all over crust then, cut out heart shapes with cookie cutter and decorate with fruit individually.
Yes, there will be extra creamed cookies pieces. Just eat them or cube and serve with fresh fruit with whipped topping. Enjoy!

What fruit toppings do you recommend on fruit pizza?
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Rachael and Family said...

collin said "oh cute" I think it looks yummy.

Unknown said...

That is such a cute idea...perfect snack for a little kid:)

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information