Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Monday, February 9, 2009

Tilapia and Salad Spritz with Tomato and Green Bean Salad


Instead of Bagels and Lox, I thought I would share my Tilapia and Salad Spritz recipe. It is yet another recipe that I like to throw together. If you have a hard time with fishy fish, tilapia might be something you'd like to try. It doesn't have nearly as much fishy taste as most (kind of like cod). As far as the Spritz goes, I like to put lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil in spray bottles so that the flavor with be evenly distributed without over doing it. I also like to use I can't believe it's Not Butter Spray to add a little butter flavor without the calories and it is cheaper that Butter Extract. With that, this fresh, fast, delicious recipe is waiting for you.

For Tilapia

Mix together, in small cup, equal parts: Dill weed, paprika, dried garlic/garlic powder, lemon pepper, parsley and half part salt.

Lay out fresh or defrosted fillets and rub or sprinkle mix over fillets.

Grill fillets with a little olive oil/butter spray and spray occasionally to get a golden color. Also spray balsamic vinegar and/or lemon juice as desired.

For Salad
Cook whole green beans (find them in the produce section or buy Birds Eye Steamed Bag packs.
Slice tomatoes and lay over cooked green beans (beans will get cool on their own). Spray with butter and balsamic vinegar all over tomatoes and beans. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

For Rice:
When you add rice to the water to cook, also add a little butter, chicken bullion, shredded cilantro or parsley, and lemon juice. Cook like normal, Tastes great!

Does anyone prefer other fish over tilapia?
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Heathie said...

I love tilapia. I also like Salmon and Halibut if they're cooked just right. I'll have to try this recipe. I usually bake my tilapia, but I don't like how it's been turning out lately. Do you think I could grill it on the George Forman grill? Maybe if I don't close the lid...

Unknown said...

Yes, the george forman is a great way to grill fish. I do it all the time. You don't have to leave the lid up either.

Rachael and Family said...

I'm so going to make this this week.
my kids love tilapia.

Unknown said...

That looks great...i like the tomatoes with the green beans.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information