Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Grillin" Chicken Cordon Bleu

I created these a while ago when I was still single and have always called them Chicken Cordon Bleu. Although they are not breaded like normal Cordon Bleu's, they still have the same concept. My method for these "Stuffed chicken breasts" are to cook them over the grill and rub my seasoning mixture all over and inside them.
Seasoning Rub (sorry, I don't have amounts, I go by smell):
Chicken soup base
Minced Garlic
Basil
Thyme
Parsley
Rosemary
Salt
Pepper
Lemon Juice
Olive oil and a little water
Chives or minced onions
Mix together in a small bowel.
*If the rub is too runny, you can put dried bread crumbs, potato flakes, or cracker crumbs to help soak up the water and keep it on the chicken.



Flatten out your boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a meat tenderizer, plate, or even a hammer will work. You don't have to make it too flat, just enough to roll it together. Lay each breast out and brush with seasoning mix (I'll rub it on with my fingers). Lay 1-2 slices of ham and cheese and tuck and roll your chicken breasts to look like this. Then rub your seasoning mix all over chicken.


Wrap in foil individually and place on the grill on low for 15-20 minutes or until done. As they are cooking, you can open up the foil and spray with olive oil, lemon juice, and/or scoop juices in foil and drizzle over chicken.



It should come out juicy and fully cooked. Just a note, the ham inside might make the chicken look pinker that it really is.



Great sides with this dish are my yellow rice, grilled veggies, and green salad.

Yellow Rice:
For 3 cups of rice
1 1/2 cup of rice3 cups of warm water
2-3 tablespoons of melted butterHandful of grated Parmesan, Romano, and Asiago mixed or one by itself
2-3 Tablespoons of Chicken soup base
1-3 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon of dill weed
1 Tablespoon of Chives
1 Tablespoon of onion flakes or minced Onions
1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder or minced garlicA equal part mixture of mixture of: Salt, paprika, and parsley (enough for 1- 2 Tablespoons)

*

>>>>>>>>Do you think that non breaded will be just as good?


Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess i need to buy some chicken soup base? You seem to use that quite a bit in your cooking...could i find that in the bins at Winco?

Unknown said...

That is where I buy it at. I only use the one at WinCo. You can buy it in jars but, it can get very expensive. I don't know why, but I feel like using it all the time. I guess I just love the flavor.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information