Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Friday, April 3, 2009

The "Magic" Mousse

My friend Loni actually gave me the idea to talk about this chocolate mousse when we were talking about it the other day. She mentioned that she sees the infomercials about the Magic Bullet all the time and she has to laugh a little when she sees the perfectly made dishes that come out of this great blender. She was especially wonders about the Alfredo sauce and the chocolate mousse. This picture is of the chocolate mousse that is made in the magic bullet with nothing but chocolate syrup and heavy cream. I wonder if it really works. I'm sure it does. But, how does it compare?
I do admit that I own a Magic Bullet and use it all of the time. Much like a mini chopper, I use it for those little things (or for single servings) that I don't want to take out my regular mixture or food processor for. I also like that it doesn't turn on until you place the cup upside down with the lid screwed shut. I can't tell you how many times I have been surprised by my daughter turning on the blender before the lid was on. With this, she can just push on the bottom of the cup and pulse blend all by herself. She loves it. As far as buying them on TV, that is something that you might want to think about. I don't know what specials go on or if they are always the same but, you usually get to sets of magic bullets with a juicer and a blender attachment for about $100.00 and I think you have to pay for shipping and handling. However, my husband got this set for me from Shopko for around $35.00 (5 years ago). Of course, I did not get the juicer and blender attachment or a whole other set. But, it was cheaper and great for us. If you want to go in on it with someone, it might be worth it to get it on TV if you really want the free attachments.

If you have a Magic Bullet, what do you use it for the most?
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats funny that you made a post about the Magic Bullet, a guy that Javier works with just gave us one the other day! He was moving and didn't want it i guess...i haven't done anything with it, maybe i will try the mousse and let you know how it turns out:)

Unknown said...

Yeah, do it! I would like to know how it goes.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information