Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Friday, April 24, 2009

Mini Blueberry and Cherry Cheese Pies

It was supposed to rain yesterday and I had to cancel my picnic in the park mommy and me activity group. I was going to bring these as our little snack to share. Although, they are a little more than a snack. I was just experimenting one day and figured out that these make a cute treat to make for a group activity. They are easy to make and aren't as messy as you think (well, with children there is most likely a risk). I had some pre-made pie crust in my freezer and wanted to use it up and I really didn't want to just make a couple of pies so, I thought about making a bunch of little pies. Well, with a little experiments, I came up with these mini masterpieces.


Either make or buy some already made pie crust. Roll out and tear off small squares that could cover your muffin or mini-muffin pan holes. A two crust recipe is enough to make two batches of regular or mini- pie crusts.

Today I am using my min-muffin pan to make more cheese pies. Lay dough into holes and gently press around the sides of the holes. Don't forget to poke the bottom with a fork.


They should only need about 10 minutes to fully cook. Depending on your oven, check them after 8 minutes but, no longer than 15 if your oven cooks slow. They will shrink, but they still create a little bowl like crust that you need.

Take them out and place them in a flat container or a plate so they can cool. While they cool, blend together......
Cheese pie mix:
1 regular box of cream cheese (softened)
1 can of sweet and condensed milk
1/3 cup of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Spoon into mini pie crusts. If you are doing mini pies, a great trick is to put mix into a sandwich bag, snip a good sized hole at the end and squeeze into crusts. You will have some left over, either make more regular crusts or for a faster crust, make Graham cracker crusts.

The blueberry topping is actually a Blueberry Jello Salad recipe from another source. Only I put a little twist on this recipe to use it as a pie topping. It turned out fabulous.

Blueberry Jello Salad
Mix 2 cups hot water with 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
Add 3 oz of cream cheese and mix well.
Let it set in the fridge.

According to her recipe, just before it sets, fold in 1 pint of whipped Cream. However, I decided to let it set and then put whipped cream on top. I spooned in some of the already set jello blueberry mix into a sandwich bag and squeezed a little on top of the cheese pies, then did the same with some whipped topping.

For other ideas to use for toppings: Any fruit, pie filling, Cookies, or chocolate.
*
Since this month celebrates both Cherry Cheesecake and Blueberry Pie, I would like to know which one do you like better?

Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cherry Cheesecake is my favorite!!!!! Those turned out beautifully.

Unknown said...

I just looked to the left and saw where you wrote "my best friend of 18 years"!!!!!!!! I just can't believe that! Thats almost 20 years...man i can't believe how time flies:(

abby's photo shoppe said...

These look delicious! Another reason to put my weight loss on hold again. You are too good!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information