Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Monday, April 27, 2009

"Putting a Healthy Twist Under Wraps"

Making a sandwich without mayo in my mind is like a naked piece of toast, dry and incomplete. However this recipe changed my mind. My husband and I love tortillas and above all, we love grilled anything. One day I decided to bring the best of both worlds together in a simple and healthy lunch. No Mayo, mustard, or sauce of any kind needed for this one, it is fast, flavorful, easy to change, and can be a great healthy substitute instead of your usual deli sandwich. Try it for yourself.

Take any deli meat, leftover chicken, steak or ham that you have and heat it up in a pan. Today I am using Roasted Turkey Breast.

In the same pan at the same time, saute red or regular onion strings in a little olive oil.

Mix the meat and the onions and spray with olive oil and Balsamic vinegar liberally. After you think it is cooked enough, add a handful of grated Italian cheese. (Other grated cheese is great also)



Heat it in the pan until cheese is melting and then place into warmed flour or corn tortilla.

Top with lettuce and tomato.



What is your usual lunch ?


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Rachael and Family said...

this looks so yummy. this alot like my usual lunch. I eat corn tortilla sandwiches alot.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information