Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Brytton's Special Rice (Aka Cafe Rio Rice)

Among other things, I have to give the credit for this recipe to my husband who, in my opinion, is wonderful in the kitchen. Since I have been dating him, he has taught me so much about food and has impressed me with his abilities to create great dishes.
We went to Cafe Rio on our second date and have been back almost a hundred times since. This is his imitation for Cafe Rio Rice.
Completed Rice
Preparations:
In a blender, blend:
One 4 oz can of Green Chilies
A Handful of Cilantro
Mix with:
2 cups of rice
4 cups of water
1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons of Butter
1 teaspoon of California Garlic Powder
4 Tablespoons of Chicken Soup Base
Cook as you would normally cook rice in a rice cooker or in a covered pot until water is gone.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information