Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Toasted Pumpkin Seeds with Sugar and Spice

Toasted Pumpkin Seeds with Sugar and Spice



Ingredients
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried
6 tablespoons white sugar, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil






Directions
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until dry and toasted. Larger seeds may take longer.
In a large bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons of white sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and sprinkle the remaining sugar over them. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts, about 45 seconds. Pour seeds into the bowl with the spiced sugar and stir until coated. Allow to cool before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.


I got this recipe on all recipes. And it is fabulously addicting!
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These sound perfect for the fall. They are something that I have always wanted to try actually. Thanks!

Rachael and Family said...

I love pumpkins seeds. But I've never tried these kind. They sound yummy.

Heathie said...

Abby, you posted these on the very day I had baked some pumpins and was wondering what on earth to do with the seeds! You must be psychic! I loved these. Ate the whole batch in one afternoon. Had a bit of a tummy ache the next day. Apparently, moderation is key. Next time I make these, though, I think I'll salt the seeds as they're baking, then omit the salt from the spice mixture. Or maybe even leave it in--I do love salt...

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information