Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Creamy White Chili Soup



This recipe is an all time favorite of ours. My friend made it for us after we had our last baby and it was my favorite meal brought. We eat this a few times a month. It is so amazing. It is easy and fantastic. You do not have to use grilled store bought chicken you can cook your own up. I have had this ready to place on the blog since October when there was the chili cook off. This is what we eat more than regular chili. This recipe is perfect cold weather meal. Actually I could eat it all the time. Enjoy.


Creamy White Chili Soup




1 T. oil

1 med onion, diced (1/2-2/3 cup)

1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans

2 (15 oz) cans great northern beans

12 oz to 1lb grilled chicken cubed (Schwan’s chicken breast for fajitas)

(14 oz) chicken broth/bouillon

1 pint pkg. frozen corn

1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies, mild

1 tsp ground cumin

1 tsp salt

1/8 tsp garlic powder

½ tsp pepper

1 cup sour cream

½ cup whipping cream





Sauté onion in oil. Add beans, broth, corn, chilies, chicken, and seasonings. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes uncovered. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serves 6-8.




Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And my favorite of your soups. When you made this at the coast, I couldn't stop eating it. It was so creamy and full of flovor. Thanks for sharing this. I wanted the recipe so bad.

Rachael and Family said...

This soup makes me crave Mexican. I'm going to make it this week. Its good to have another taco type soup recipe that's different from the everyday one I make.

Gloria said...

This soup is very delicious. I love the whole combination, you make it so good.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information