Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Friday, December 11, 2009

Hi, I'm Michelle and I'm WAY LATE with the bio thing...


I'm Michelle Evans. I am way late with the bio thing , but so excited to be a part of this blog. I have 2 little kiddos and a busy hubby and am learning that cooking is a great way to be creative while still accomplishing something that already has to be done...


My mom is a fabulous cook and she taught me to cook and to measure everything with exactness. That way it always works out. I love cooking with my mom and using her recipes (they are always good). The creative part of me can't always cook like that though (and more often than not, I don't have the right ingredients anyway), so I sometimes venture out into the unknown and experiment. This is my faborite way to cook -try whatever sounds good at the time and see how it works out.


I served as a missionary in NYC and my mind was opened to a whole new realm of ideas and possibilities relating to cooking (and eating, which is my favorite part!)! I'm the wife of a medical student and have enjoyed being creative, cooking with food storage and whatever else we have or don't have on hand :)! Substitutions are like wild cards! They make the game so much better! :)


For me the bottom line is: life's exciting! And I think cooking (and of course, eating) should be too.


Thanks so much for your delicious ideas! I'm excited to be a part of the crew!



P.S. The picture is my son after we made chocolate pudding. He loves to cook too! He gets his neatness from me!
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are here with us! I miss you guys in California.I look forward to all of your fabulous creations and your mom's too.

Aaron and Carolyn said...

Welcome, welcome! Looks like your little guy has a blast in the kitchen too! :)

Rachael and Family said...

what a cutie! I have to admit I never have the right ingredients and seem to always be substituting also.

Gloria said...

Welcome Michelle, Madeline has told me so much about you. I agree with you and your mother. Some of your best journey's will be the ones in the kitchen. I look forward to your creative recipes and cooking from food storage.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information