Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Friday, December 18, 2009

6 Layer Bars



Ok, since I've been in the kitchen baking all week, I made some things that I had already posted last year. However, with new pictures and changing some things, I am re-posting these 7- Layer Bars that I made. I did keep most of the text already written and then added some new pictures (in addition to the old ones). This recipe is a childhood favorite. I remember my mother making these for parties, potlucks, and sometimes an after school treat. They probably have many names but, I grew up calling them "Yummy Bars". The most common name for them, however seems to be 7 layer bars. Since my mother never really added butterscotch chips, as many do, I decided to call these 6 layer bars :). This recipe doesn't even need directions just the 6 ingredients and you can layer away. I just layer these in equal amounts (except butter) to make it equally delicious.


Pre-heat oven @ 350 degrees.
Layer 1- Butter:
Melt a 1/2 cup of butter into a baking pan.


Layer 2- Cracker Crust:
A cup of graham cracker crumbs (or other sweet crumbs) evenly all over the butter on the pan.
Press to make a crust.


Layer 3- Nuts:
A cup of sliced Walnuts spread out.
(Or slivered Almonds, diced Pecans etc.).


Layer 4- Chocolate:
A cup of semi-sweet, milk, or white chocolate chips (or chunks).


Layer 5- Coconut:
A cup of coconut spread out.


Layer 6- Sweet and Condensed Milk:
Pour 8-10 ounces of Sweet Condensed milk evenly all over the top.



 It is ready to go into the oven now. Cook for 20-25 minutes @ 350 degrees.

Coconut should look toasted. Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Suburban prep said...

These bars are soooooo good.
Don't get me started.

Amanda said...

Oh WOW, YUM!!! I think I just might have to make these this weekend :). Thanks!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information