Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tropical Fruit Pizza

At the end of this summer, I found all this tropical fruit in the produce section and I thought about making some juice.  Except, when I got home, and started to cut into these delicious fruits and I changed my mind. I decided to make it into a dessert. I found a pineapple cookie recipe and changed a few things to make this tropical fruit pizza. It turned out so nice. It has a light sweet flavor, chewy and nutty, and fresh to the taste.

The Point of the Colors of the Season Highlight is to demonstrate an array of color that you have made with a combination of foods. These colors shouted out  "summer" to me as a fresh and fruitful dessert. The fruits I used were: Papaya, Star Fruit, Mango, Kiwi, Banana, and Pineapple (I put pineapple in the cookie crust).



Ingredients for the Pineapple Cookie Crust:
From the Kitchen of Stephanie Perez

1 cup of butter flavored shortening (regular ok), ---1 and 1/2 cups of sugar, 1 egg, 1 8 (oz) can of crush pineapple (undrained), 3 1/2 cup of all -purpurpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp of nutmeg, 1/2 cups of nuts (chopped)
Directions:
Cream sugar, egg, and shortening. Stir in pinapple, Mix in remaining ingredients. Chill for one hour.
Bake in  400 pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes or until done. Cool and frost with cream cheese topping.

Cream Cheese Topping: 1 package of cream cheese, 1/4-1/2 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, a splash of lemon juice. (You might want to double this recipe if you like it thick).
                                          

Decorate as Desired :) I liked that there were so many different shapes on this pizza for my daughter to point out to me. I tried to cut some of them to make a different shape for each fruit. For example- Kiwi (Oval), Mango (triangle), banana (circle), papaya (cresent), pinapple (rectangle), and star fruit. The only ones I needed were a square and a diamond! You may even have some extra to make that juice after all.

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is very cute...you could do so many neat things with the toppings.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information