Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ginger Apple Pork Loin


It's that time of year when apples are everywhere. I love to cook with apples. Not just in pies either. I will add some tart apples to almost anything lately. My favorite recipe that I came up with years ago, is my Ginger Apple Pork Loin. I know that a lot of people use apples in their pork roasts but, this recipe is unquie because the other ingredients bring everything together to make a juicy semi-sweet loin that has the taste of autum in every bite. I actually made this one for a Halloween Harvest Dinner Party the other day and it turned out really nice.

Ingredients:
I don't really measure anything for this recipe, so I put some estimates.
*
Boneless Pork Loin (any size as other ingredients can be adjusted)
Celery- 2-3 stalks sliced
Apples- 3-4 samll or 2-3 large chopped
Wallawalla Onion 1/2-1 whole onion cut into wedges
Rosemerry- 2-3 sprigs or 1-2 tablespoons of dry
Ginger (grated or dry) about 2-4 teaspoons depending on how you like it
Nutmeg 2-3 teaspoons
Celery Salt 1-2 teaspoons
Garlic- You can put whole cloves, minced, or dry depending on how much you like it.
Pepper as desired
Apple Cider 1/2 to 1 cup
Worshire sauce 2-3 Tablespoons
1 pack of onion soup mix or other dry soup mix

Directions:
Mix all dry ingredients (except soup mix) and rub all over meat.
Add Apples, Onions, and Celery all around meat.
Spinkle soup mix over all ingredients
Pour apple cider over all ingredients


Cooking Directions:
Cook your loin any way you prefer. It is usually cooked covered for a more tender loin.
Slowcooker for 3-4 hours or until done
Grill 20-30 minutes or until done
Stovetop 20-30 minutes or until done
Low Oven (about 300 degrees) for 3-4 hours or until done
High oven (350-400 degrees) for 30-60 minutes or until done

I serve my pork loin with Nichole's Balsamic green beans that she will be posting soon.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Rachael and Family said...

This reminds me of something similar that mom used to make. By the way the Halloween music is an awesome touch. But could you put the tunes on a side bar? for some reason every time I go to look at a blog the music doesn't start unless I scroll all the way to the bottom.

Unknown said...

Yeah, mom always put apple cider in her pork roast and that is why I add apple cider in mine. It really makes a difference. I'll have to fix the music player so it is easier to get to. Thanks!

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information