Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Judy's Banana Bread

This is a delicious and easy recipe for Banana Bread that a co worker, named Judy, gave me about 5 years ago. I am not a baker by any means, i seem to mess up even the easiest cookie recipes but i have managed to make this banana bread over and over again and its always perfect! The other thing reason i love to make this bread is because everytime I give my son, Gavin, a banana he only eats a few bites of it, so i started throwing the rest of the banana in a ziplock bag and sticking in the freezer. When i have three or four bananas I thaw them in the microwave and they are ready for the recipe and actually a little sweeter and easier to mash than before they were frozen. Hope you enjoy this recipe!






Judy's Banana Bread

2 1/2 C. all purpose flour 3 tbs. vegetable oil
1 C. sugar 1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 C. milk 1 tsp. nutmeg
3-4 Bananas 1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder 1 egg
*nuts are optional...use about 1/2 c. of your favorite nut*

Mash bananas and sugar together, add sugar, milk, vanilla and the egg. Mix untill well combined...then add flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir just untill dry ingredients are incorporated. Pour batter into a greased and floured bread pan and bake for 45 -60 minutes...untill top is deep golden brown.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Abby said...

Thanks for sharing, Nichole! I am stunted in the banana bread department. I always love a new recipe.

Angi said...

I love the leftover banana idea Nichole, I too have a half-a-banana eater!

Unknown said...

I know, I should do that so that some of mine don't end up going to waist and I don't end up pigging out on bananas towards the end of their yellow phase.

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information