Home, Family, Cooking, and Education

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Food Factories in Oregon

 In the last couple of months, I was able to visit two of Oregon's finest food factories. I hear that there are still more to see but, I wanted to share these two to start. If you have the chance to see a food factory in your area, feel free to share with us!


Tillamook is probably the most popular cheese factory in Oregon. It is located in Tillamook, OR (along the coast). It in known nation wide for its cheeses, sour cream, butter, and especially its ice cream. The tours are self serve (walk through) and they offer samples of cheeses at the end. I've been visiting this factory since I was a little girl and I think it just gets better and better each time. My traditional purchases consist of chocolate milk (which Tillamook no longer makes anymore) and fresh cheese curds. My favorite choice of their ice cream is the Marion Berry Pie. This year, Tillimook is celebrating 100 years!

This year, I decided to try something new. I ordered some clam chowder and a piece of fudge. They both blew me away. I loved how both the fudge and the chowder had a great fresh flavor. I think I might be doing this one again.



This was my first time visiting Bob's Red Mill. It is located in Milwaukie, OR (outside of Portland). I actually found out about this when I read that my friend Amanda had visited there a while back on her blog. So, when my sister Rachael came to visit a few weeks ago (who can't eat gluten), I knew she would be excited to go. They offer a gluten free menu in their little restaurant area. Plus, they have bins with gluten free flours and all kinds of other local natural products. They also offer a walk thru kind of tour for free as well.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Now all i can think about is cheese curds:)

Amanda said...

Yeah, these are two of my most favorite places in Oregon to visit. We get to Bob's quite frequently since it is only about 20 minutes from us, the cheese factory is a little father though. Madeline next time you go to Bob's let me know and we can meet up there :). What a neat state we get to call home.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://kovuciniwa.angelcities.com/utexetit.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Online Cooking Classes

Online Cooking Classes
Click here for more information